Friday, January 7, 2011

Not really resolutions

I decided a long time ago not to do New Year's resolutions. They're rarely ever kept with, and it seems to me that if one is going to make a change in one's life then one needs to do it right away, rather than just waiting for an arbitrary date.* That said, there are a couple of changes that I need to make, namely that I need to exercise more and stress less. Hopefully the two will easily go hand in hand. If it's not below 10F or knee deep in snow, there's no reason the dog and I can't go for a long walk daily. As for the stressing less, well, we'll see.

Dustin and I took advantage of the warm weather over the holiday weekend to take the dogs down to a nearby park for some hiking.  It was nice to get out of the house and do something outside without having to be bundled into multiple layers. I enjoy winter, but not that part of it.

Chaos had fun poking around in the bush, and Scamper does love digging for rodents, though I'm not sure what she'd do if she ever actually *found* anything.



















I've gotten ready to start the first of my quarterly goals for my knit/crochet group. Everyday Crochet finally came in from the library, and I have the yarn to start my sweater. It's Berroco Vintage in a beautiful shade of green. I've also already finished the first sock for the group goal of making 12 pairs of socks this year, so that's looking much more achievable than it was two weeks ago.

Aside from that, life goes on much the same as normal. School starts again next week, and Dustin is looking for a new job. He loves the one that he's got now, but it appears that the crappy economy has finally hit it; he hasn't worked since before Christmas. We're eeking by for now, but that's not going to last. Technically, they have a corporate contract (redoing the lines in Taco Bell) but since they appear to be just sitting on it and not actually doing anything, having the contract doesn't do much good. We've talked about it, and if nothing better comes first, he'll be going (it is, sadly, a traveling thing) but if he gets something that looks to be a permanent full time thing with benefits, he's not going anywhere. The money's not worth it if there's the opportunity to actually have health insurance.

*I'll apologize right now for the writing style; I fell asleep watching Pride and Prejudice last night (the good one with Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth) and it does effect my inner monologue quite a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment