Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Yearly Goals

The girls in my knitting/crochet group have come up with the idea that we should have some group goals as well as some individual goals for the next year, with the fact that we'll have each other as motivators to get things done.

Looks like the group goal is going to be something to do with socks. I'm not going to make any promises for 12 pairs of socks (that's one sock every 2 weeks), but I think I can manage 12 socks in a year. Half as many pairs, but still more than I've done before. As for my personal goals, I have a couple of ideas, but I'm not 100% sure on them all yet. So far, though, I have

1) Enter something in the State Fair. I planned on doing this last year, but missed the date and didn't have the money for the entry fee. Hopefully having the others around will help me remember at the very least. This might not be crochet related.


I have a picture or two I've got my eye on for entering. This one, most likely. Will have to dig through my computer and find the original and a quality place to get the print made. 








I would also like to enter in a cross-stitch piece that I'm working on. Unfortunately, those don't lend themselves to traveling projects or anything that requires more concentration to audio books, so I'm not sure it will get done for this year.

2) Make a nice sweater for both Dustin and I. Depending on how that goes and when it gets done, that might go towards #1 as well*.  These are the two that I'm currently planning on. The one I have planned for me is a Doris Chan design and I can't say enough how much I love her.




















3) Get rid of all these works in progresses that I have floating around. This will be sort of a year long goal, but I want to finish the year with only one WIP per craft (this includes one project plus a pair of socks on the hook for crochet). If I'm going to finish things, I need to do so, and if not I need to get them frogged and decide if the yarn is worth keeping. Obviously, long term things like my scrap blanket don't count towards that.

*Jessica and I are going yarn shopping on Thursday and if the book the pattern is in has come into the library by then, I will try to find the yarn I want then.

2 comments:

  1. Good goals and great sweater designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is GORGEOUS!!! I think entering something into the state fair is a fantastic goal. I'd like to enter something again as well, but I don't know what. I'd enter those white and pink socks, but they're a little well loved now... In fact they're on my feet as I'm typing this. :)

    ReplyDelete