Saturday, February 25, 2012

Backyard Birding

More for my own records than as a real blog, but it might be interesting to others.

We've got several feeders in the backyard, and the birds are already out in force, including some that I hadn't seen before.

There's a pair of cardinals, though I see her actually at the feeders far more than him.

We've also got two woodpeckers. There's the red-headed woodpecker that we had last year, but this year there is also a downy woodpecker, which I had never seen before. 

There's also mourning doves, and I saw the first robin today. The ever present group of titmice, chickadees, and nuthatches.  This year we've got the attention of a small flock of song sparrows  and what I'm fairly certain was a female goldfinch. 

I suspect that given time to just go out and relax and explore, I could get into this whole birdwatching thing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment